Kay. L S Y. Powered by Blogger.

Hokkien? NO!

>> Monday, July 20, 2009

Somehow i met this silly oldie uncle in my mum's shop.


Uncle: (Cantonese dialect) So do you speak Hokkien?

Me: *shakes head*

Uncle: Cantonese?

Me: No.

Uncle: What? You stay in Klang lar.. What a shame! Then which language do you speak with your parents?

Me: Mandarin.

Uncle: Then which language do you speak with your boyfriend?

Me: Mandarin.

Uncle: What if your boyfriend is an indian?

Me: (smiling and ignore him)

Uncle: What if your boyfriend is a Chinese but he don't speak Mandarin?

Me: I'll use English.

Uncle: What if your boyfriend speaks Hokkien, and he don't speak Mandarin nor English?

Me: Then he would not be my boyfriend.

Uncle: (laughing evilly) HAHAHAHAHA... Good! I'll ask my second son to come find you next time. My son is cute you know? Really! A lot of girls came to me, telling me that my son is very handsome and cute.

Me: .......................



Is Hokkien really that important for Klang folks? Okay la, i know it's kinda bad if you don't know how to speak Hokkien in Klang. But I'm trying hard to understand and speak it. Argh! Silly uncle!

11 hit(s):

Rubin July 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

WTH?! Farnie uncle!! LOL.
Eh we practice together lah. Both hokkien and cantonese. LOL.

kelvin - 'kay'-'el'-'win' July 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

haha.. at least u still understands if someone talks hokkien to u...

Kaylie.SookYee July 20, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

rubin: yup.. silly uncle too! can ar.. lets practise.. but hokkien i think hard de. damn funny if i speak. =(

kelvin: haha.. i don't really understand hokkien le. I agak-agak oli. zzZ

贝贝 July 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

eh.....memang!
just like when i in kl, i dunno how to speak contonese aku felt like useless...susah+sad.

Kaylie.SookYee July 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Ya.. sometimes kinda paiseh when ppl speak in Cantonese/Hokkien, and I reply in Mandarin. Aiyor.. not until useless la.. Jz abit susah. hehe..

Candy July 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

hahax~ i doesn't speak hokkien too..
My bf friends say i'm weird. Klang ppl but don't know how to speak hokkien.
My ex even worse ... he only know how to speak cantonese and english. I don't even know how to speak proper cantonese that time ... end up both of us speak english and that is the only language we use when we first meet.
That uncle darn funny ... if the guy meet you only know how to speak hokkien and you don't know hokkien how on earth both of you communicate and be friend before he can actually be your bf ... no brain lol

Candy July 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

That uncle really like stupid people asking stupid question. If your bf only speak and understand hokkien and you don't understand and speak hokkien, how on earth you and your bf communicate and become friend before he can become your bf.

I'm also same like you.My bf friends say I'm weird because I'm Klang people yet dunno how to speak Hokkien ....

Kaylie.SookYee July 22, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Candy : ya.. i know its kinda weird for a Klang ppl who don't speak Hokkien.
but they cant blame us what.
Yes,true!communication is very important ,and if both cant find a language to speak, then we wouldn't be friend!
weird weird.. somehow i feel we better learn Hokkien. if not it will be so embarrassing! ><

Soon Chia July 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

HAHAH. funny uncle lah. LOL

Anonymous,  August 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

luckily your bf can speak mandarin, hokkien(lil) cantonese, english, bahasa, maybe some hakka..

but can listen to all of dem..

cool me?

-moOo-

Kaylie.SookYee August 10, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

haha.. ya.. i got a very prefect's bf!
bangga? swt.. moo moo~

Post a Comment

  © SookYee's Personal Lives of Me by only-sookyee.blogspot.com Since 2007

Back to TOP