Kay. L S Y. Powered by Blogger.

Penang Dragon Boat Tragedy

>> Sunday, January 24, 2010


I've read about the Dragon Boat tragedy in newspaper few days ago.
With the recovery of the bodies of all six missing people, fingers now point to a series of blunders that resulted in the dragon boat tragedy.Besides the blatant disregard for the safety of the dragon boat racing team, the location of the training venue was mind-boggling.Among the shocking revelations — only three of the 18 people in the ill-fated boat wore life jackets, and it was never a practice for team members to wear life jackets.
Who to blamed? No idea. Every time I read about it, my tears fall, just out of my control. I don't know any of the victims. Instead, I felt sad for them because they died at the young age.
Looking at the pictures of their parents crying and their friends who attended the funeral, it reminds me of my friend who passed away when I was 8 years old. HE - I hardly remember how does he looks like. As I remember, he was skinny and quiet. He sat next to me in class and we sat the same bus. During primary, there was a programme to sponsor students free food. Both of us joined the programme. Every time I will just give him my food if I couldn't finish it. Then he smiled and he will ate it. One day, he don't come to school. And I heard that he was drowned when he went fishing with his dad. His dad who tried to saved him, drowned as well. Since that, I've lost one of my friend. And then I stopped joining the programme. However, I'll never forget him.
Life is precious, I know.

0 hit(s):

Post a Comment

  © SookYee's Personal Lives of Me by only-sookyee.blogspot.com Since 2007

Back to TOP