Kay. L S Y. Powered by Blogger.

Tabur Hill

>> Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Woke up at 3.45am and get ready for mountain climbing - Bukit Tabur, or more commonly known as Crystal Hill. Well, I'm not the earliest one. :D My eyes hardly opened that day, sleepy but couldn't sleep in the car.

Gathered with others at 5.30am, and we started our mountain climbing at 6am. It was dark out there and we have to use torch light to lead us the path. Each step of climbing was kinda tiring but the cooling windy weather made us feel so good. The trek was pretty easy as there are only small tree trunks.



We reached the resting place at the top of the mountain, and we had our biscuit there by looking at the scenery, waiting for sunrise. But there's too much of clouds blocking the sun. At that point, a great view of Tabur Hill and vista view of Kuala Lumpur was seen.



We continued our journey and we decided to finished up all the trek, even its tough and dangerous. We decided to took the tougher route. The route begins to get steeper and we have to scrabble over the rocks. I was lucky because someone prepared glove for me. :) There were few points that involved short rappelling spot. A rope is provided but it was quite dangerous for inexperience people as they might fall off the rope and get injured. The best example is myself where my hands could not bear with the weight of my body.


Later on, the climb became even steep as the rocks are almost vertical. Surprising I made it successfully. There was another peak that we need to descent using the provided rope. Ups and downs, we came across few ravines. And finally, we downhill. Downhill is never been easy because all you need is your "break" skill. My toes were injured and there were few times I almost slide off. The route was so slippery.
The rocks are almost vertical!




We had reached the bottom at around 11am. It was a great expenditure :)

Souvenirs I got: Pain @ muscles of shoulder, armpit & arm, injured @ toes, contusion @ hipbones.

0 hit(s):

Post a Comment

  © SookYee's Personal Lives of Me by only-sookyee.blogspot.com Since 2007

Back to TOP